- User Guide
- Getting Started
- General Concepts
- Getting Help
- Requesting a Feature
- Videos for Learning TroopTrack
- BASICS - Creating a new TroopTrack Account
- BASICS - Configuring your Pack/Troop in TroopTrack
- COMMUNICATE - Sending Emails
- COMMUNICATE - Configuring Emails and Email Lists
- Data Safety
- Merging Two Accounts
- Transfer Users Between TroopTrack Troops
- Let us import data for you from other programs
- TroopMaster (AHG)
- Import your data instantly with TurboNET
- Import your data instantly from AHG Connect
- Manual Entry for Service Hours, Miles, and Nights
- Planning an Event
- Tracking Attendance
- Attendance Reports
- Hours, Miles, and Nights
- Agenda View
- Year at a Glance
- RSVP'ing for an Event
- Import your Unit's Calendar to Google Calendar
- Importing Your Unit Calendar into the Mac OS Calendar App
- Event Integrated Accounting
- Participation Book
- Meeting Schedules
- Adding Members
- Controlling Access and Privileges
- Organizing Family Members
- Creating Patrols/Dens
- Managing Equipment
- Managing a Library
- Canned Reports
- Creating Custom Reports
- Unit Settings
- Money Account Basics
- User Accounts
- Managing Merit Badge Counselors
- Managing Training
- Changing a User's Profile Photo and Demographic Info
- How do I reset a user's password?
- Training Book
- Online Payment
- How Mailing Lists Work
- Creating a Mailing List
- Creating a Unit Roster
- Magic Mailing Lists
- Sign Up Sheets
- Third-Party Email Clients
- Bulk Entry of Award Progress
- Individual Entry
- Creating a Custom Award
- Planning for a Pack Meeting or Court of Honor
- TurboNET Advancement Report
- Badge Book
- Blue Cards
- AHG: Manage Service Stars
Money Account Basics
How To Get There
From the Manage Badge drop down menu as shown below:
Money Account Types
There are two types of accounts in TroopTrack: user accounts and troop accounts.
Who Can Use It
Troop members can see any accounts that they are members of, but only troop members who have the manage_money_accounts privilege are able to see all accounts in the troop and add, edit, or delete accounts.
Create a Troop Account
To create a troop money account, just click "Add an Account" to get started. I've circled the location of the add account link below.
The following form will appear. Fill it out as shown, but make up your own name.
Click save. You now have a troop account!
You can create as many troop accounts as you want, but it's best to start simple with one.
If you use integrated event accounting, event related transactions will post against your FIRST troop account.
Create a Scout Account
Creating a scout account is similar to creating a troop account, except this time you designate an owner, like this.
To deposit funds into an account, first select the account in question by clicking "Transactions" from the main account view. Here's a screenshot of how this is done.
Once you are inside an account, you can add money to the account by clicking "Add a Transaction".
Choose the appropriate transaction. The following form will appear. I've filled it out to show you which fields you would normally use for a deposit.
Click save and the transaction will be recorded and visible in the account ledger, like this.
Withdrawing funds is just like depositing them, except you will enter a negative number instead of a positive one, like so:
Once you save, the balance will be updated and the transaction will be listed in the account ledger, like this:
You can transfer funds between accounts. Just choose a fund to transfer money to, as shown below:
After you save, two transactions will be created: one in this account withdrawing $50, and another in the troop general funds DEPOSITING $50.
NOTE: If you delete either of these transactions both will be deleted.
Paying for events
Paying for an event is easy. When you RSVP through TroopTrack for an event, you will havewith the opportunity to pay for the event in the event details. You will just need to click the big-blue button that says 'Pay Now'.