- User Guide
- Getting Started
- General Concepts
- Getting Help
- Requesting a Feature
- Videos for Learning TroopTrack
- BASICS - Creating a new TroopTrack Account
- BASICS - Configuring your Pack/Troop in TroopTrack
- COMMUNICATE - Sending Emails
- COMMUNICATE - Configuring Emails and Email Lists
- Data Safety
- Merging Two Accounts
- Transfer Users Between TroopTrack Troops
- Let us import data for you from other programs
- TroopMaster (AHG)
- Import your data instantly with TurboNET
- Import your data instantly from AHG Connect
- Manual Entry for Service Hours, Miles, and Nights
- Planning an Event
- Tracking Attendance
- Attendance Reports
- Hours, Miles, and Nights
- Agenda View
- Year at a Glance
- RSVP'ing for an Event
- Import your Unit's Calendar to Google Calendar
- Importing Your Unit Calendar into the Mac OS Calendar App
- Event Integrated Accounting
- Participation Book
- Meeting Schedules
- Adding Members
- Controlling Access and Privileges
- Organizing Family Members
- Creating Patrols/Dens
- Managing Equipment
- Managing a Library
- Canned Reports
- Creating Custom Reports
- Unit Settings
- Money Account Basics
- User Accounts
- Managing Merit Badge Counselors
- Managing Training
- Changing a User's Profile Photo and Demographic Info
- How do I reset a user's password?
- Training Book
- Online Payment
- How Mailing Lists Work
- Creating a Mailing List
- Creating a Unit Roster
- Magic Mailing Lists
- Sign Up Sheets
- Third-Party Email Clients
- Bulk Entry of Award Progress
- Individual Entry
- Creating a Custom Award
- Planning for a Pack Meeting or Court of Honor
- TurboNET Advancement Report
- Badge Book
- Blue Cards
- AHG: Manage Service Stars
How to Get There
Adding a member to your troop is simple and there are a couple of ways to do so. Like most things, you can get there using one of the badge buttons. Just click on the Manage badge then Members, then select what type of member you would like to add as shown below.
Another quick way is to select the Add Member button on the Patrols page.
The Add Member Form
Here's what the form looks like, annotated so that we can talk about the important parts.
General Note: Anything you add here can be changed later on.
Section 1: Member Name
You can add more details about your member's name such as a suffix or middle name by editing their profile after you add them, but just type in their first and last name to get started.
Section 2: Email
If you plan on sending this member an invitation to log in to TroopTrack an email address is required. Otherwise, you can skip it. It's okay to use the same email address for different members of your troop. This is commonly done in packs where a parent's email address is used for a cub scout.
Section 3: Family
You can add your new member directly to an existing household or households in your troop. Just select the households they are a part of with your mouse. Once a household has been established, there is no need to enter the address again each time a member is added to it.
If you are adding a member without any other family members in your troop yet, you can create their household by filling in the form. Make sure to give the household a name and fill in the address fields.
Section 4: Patrol/Den
If you have already set up your patrols/dens/Units, then you can add a new member directly to it. Just pick the right one from the list. If you don't want to add a new member to one of them just leave it blank and move on. If you selected option 2 where you're adding the member from the Unit/Patrol page, this box will automatically be filled in for you.
Section 5: Access Level/Privileges
In this section, you can add a profile picture and give certain accesses and privileges. This shows the options for adding a leader. Adding a scout or other adult leader will have less options.
See Controlling Access and Activities for more information about this topic.
Section 6: Privilege Descriptions
A nice box describing the different types of privileges that can be given to a member.
Send Invitation (not shown in above illustration)
When you've filled out the appropriate information, click this button to add the member and send them an email inviting them to log in to TroopTrack. It will include a link they can use to set their user name and password, like this:
Add Without Inviting (also not shown in above illustration)
There are a number of good reasons to add a user without inviting them to log in to TroopTrack, including:
- They are young scouts and don't have an email address
- You are rolling TroopTrack out progressively to members of your Troop or Pack gradually
Whatever your reason, this button lets you do that. You will be able to track advancement, leadership, etc for any user you add without inviting, and if you decide to invite them later you can do that easily by managing their user account.