- User Guide
- Getting Started
- General Concepts
- Getting Help
- Requesting a Feature
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Videos for Learning TroopTrack
- BASICS - Creating a new TroopTrack Account
- BASICS - Configuring your Pack/Troop in TroopTrack
- COMMUNICATE - Sending Emails
- COMMUNICATE - Configuring Emails and Email Lists
- Data Safety
- Merging Two Accounts
- Transfer Users Between TroopTrack Troops
- Let us import data for you from other programs
- TroopMaster (AHG)
- Import your data instantly with TurboNET
- Import your data instantly from AHG Connect
- Manual Entry for Service Hours, Miles, and Nights
- Planning an Event
- Tracking Attendance
- Attendance Reports
- Hours, Miles, and Nights
- Agenda View
- Year at a Glance
- RSVP'ing for an Event
- Import your Unit's Calendar to Google Calendar
- Importing Your Unit Calendar into the Mac OS Calendar App
- Event Integrated Accounting
- Participation Book
- Adding Members
- Controlling Access and Privileges
- Organizing Family Members
- Creating Patrols/Dens
- Managing Equipment
- Managing a Library
- Canned Reports
- Creating Custom Reports
- Unit Settings
- Money Account Basics
- User Accounts
- Managing Merit Badge Counselors
- Managing Training
- Changing a User's Profile Photo and Demographic Info
- How do I reset a user's password?
- Training Book
- Online Payment
- How Mailing Lists Work
- Creating a Mailing List
- Creating a Unit Roster
- Magic Mailing Lists
- Sign Up Sheets
- Third-Party Email Clients
- Bulk Entry of Award Progress
- Individual Entry
- Creating a Custom Award
- Planning for a Pack Meeting or Court of Honor
- TurboNET Advancement Report
- Badge Book
- Blue Cards
Organizing Family Members
How Households Work
I'll use the Weasley family as an example to demonstrate how households work. Arthur Weasley is an assistant scoutmaster. Molly Weasley doesn't have a role in the troop, but she needs access to her son's scouting records so she can help them progress. Fred, George, and Ron are all scouts in our troop. George is a patrol leader.
We can group all the Weasley's as a family by adding them to the same household. Once that is done, we can give Molly the access she requires by setting her access level to "Household". To set Molly's access level, follow the instructions here.
Step 1: Create a Household
Adding a new household is easy and is part of the "Manage" badge. You can actually add a new household as part of the new member setup then simply add members to the household once it has been established as shown below.
After the new member screen appears, follow the steps below. Again, once the household has been established, you may add members by simply highlighting the household name and saving (there is no need to re-enter the address information when doing this; it will automatically update).
You may also create a new household after members have been added by selecting the Manage badge, then Members, Households and finally choosing the New Household Menu option in the window that appears as shown below:
Fill out the form that appears and you're done!
Step 2: Add a New Member to a Household
If you already have a household created but need to add a previously established member to the household, select the Manage badge, Members option, then Households option as shown below.
A new screen will appear listing all the households. To edit a household, select the action button to the right of the household list and choose edit. The following window will appear:
As you can see, you may then choose to edit address information/select new members to add to the household (or delete from a household). Don't forget to save to update the data.
Note: You can add a person to multiple households. Just use shift + click to select the households a person will belong to. This is most common when adding a scout in a family with parents who are living separately.
A Few Notes About Households
You can add a person to multiple households. Just use shift + click to select the households a person will belong to. This is most common when adding a scout in a family with parents who are living separately.
Deleting a household does NOT delete the users in that household.
Any adults you add to a household will be included in the email list TroopTrack automatically creates for all parents.