TroopTrack Product Updates
New rich text editor and more!
Good evening! We just released two updates.
1) Trail Life "Lite" users are now able to update user privileges.
2) We have replaced the rich-text editor used in TroopTrack with a new one that is much more reliable and has features the old editor did not have, including the ability to embed videos and pictures from your TroopTrack photo albums.
Have a great night!
The WYSIWYG editor is dead. Long live the WYSIWYG editor.
We've been having a lot of trouble lately with the page editor you use in various places in TroopTrack - it's been crashing a lot and several of its capabilities are broken. I've attached a picture of the editor below in case you don't immediately recognize what I'm talking about.
We've spent a lot of time trying to fix it up and have decided it's too messed up. Also, the developers of CKEditor have decided to go in a direction that makes it impossible for us to upgrade to newer versions of CKEditor.
As a result, we are going to switch to a different editor, called Trix. You can check out Trix's features here: https://trix-editor.org/.
Trix is a simpler editor than CKEditor (the old editor we are killing), but it works extremely well, even on mobile devices, and has support for drag and drop inline images and attachments.
Trix is, in most ways, a big improvement over CKEditor. It will allow you to do inline images and attachments in event descriptions, emails, and other places where that wasn't previously possible. It also is much more reliable, allows us to control the uploaded files better, and is simpler to integrate with TroopTrack.
There is one particular aspect of it that you might not like if you have built a lot of web pages in TroopTrack - Trix will not allow you to resize images. You will need to set the image size before you drag it into your web page. It will also not let you customize the alignment and text wrap properties of Trix. Worse still, if you try to edit a page with resized/wrapped images after the upgrade, you will lose that formatting and will need to replace the images with properly sized images.
We understand this is going to be a pain for some of you. We are sorry about that. Trust us, we did everything we could to get CKEditor to work in our platform.
We plan to release this feature in a few days. In the meantime, please try out the trix editor using the link below.
SAR Round Trip Miles & GSUSA Incomplete Achievements Book
This evening we released two updates.
1) Round trip miles driven (used by Search and Rescue Units) are now included in the CSV export of the participation book.
2) The incomplete achievements book is now available to Girl Scout troops.
Have a great weekend,
Search and Rescue Participation Book
This morning we released an update to the participation book for Search and Rescue groups - it now shows the total round trip miles driven and service in the table footer.
Trail Life USA "Lite" Bug Fix
This morning we released a bug fix to allow Trail Life USA "Lite" users to update user profiles.
Various bug fixes
We just release several fixes for irritating problems:
1) After an event is over, the list of who did or didn't attend was not in alphabetical order.
2) The participation book was crashing if you used a date range and no other filters.
3) The participation book was not summarizing tent nights or cabin nights.
4) The detailed report PDF available from a user profile did not include cabin nights.
5) The incomplete achievements book was including all custom awards in TroopTrack, not just the custom awards you use.
6) Deactivated members were showing up on the requirement details report.
These are all fixed now. Thanks for your patience!
More readable den/patrol/unit progress reports
This morning we released a tweak to the den/patrol/unit progress report that makes them more readable by truncating the headers and only showing the full requirement when you hover. Like this:
TroopTrack Mobile for Android
Good morning! TroopTrack Mobile for Android is finally finished and is available on Google Play. You can purchase it here:
Since this is a launch, it's likely there will be some issues. Please let us know about them by creating a new topic in the TroopTrack Mobile Category.
TurboNET Bug Fix
We just pushed a minor update that fixes a TurboNET advancement report bug where 2016 cub scout ranks etc were not being reported to ScoutNET.
New for BSA units: Medical Info Book
We just released a new feature for BSA units - a medical info book. Go to Manage -> Medical Book to check it out. You can use it to see who is up to date with their medical part A, B, and C.
We also fixed a bug exporting equipment to a PDF.
More bug fixes, mostly mobile
1) Money book on mobile devices was crashing if you selected an account. Fixed.
2) The menu bar on large mobile devices (tablets) was hiding buttons. Fixed.
3) The api for creating events was failing. Fixed.
4) The patrol page on menu devices was drawing the unassigned patrol weirdly. Fixed.
More bug fixes
You may have noticed we are deploying lots of bug fixes lately. There are two reasons for this:
1) Bug fixes got backlogged when we were trying to figure out what was causing the Rails 5 upgrade to fail.
2) The Rails 5 upgrade introduced some bugs that we didn't catch in our testing.
I think we are getting caught up on these issues. I'm sorry for the inconvenience these bugs have caused and appreciate your supportiveness throughout.
That said, we just released some more fixes. Here they are:
- Training book was failing on mobile devices. Fixed.
- The user achievements API was still having trouble in certain scenarios, and only for BSA troops. Fixed.
- The API for uploading photos via the mobile app was failing. This may be fixed - we need to confirm it in the live environment.
- The API for creating new users was failing if you structured your call without a 'user' parameter. This no longer results in a crash.
More bug fixes
We just released a bucket of bug fixes. Here are the deets:
1) TLUSA PM message feature was crashing loading the form. This is fixed.
2) Updating events using the "quick edit" feature of meeting schedules was not saving changes to the start or end time of meetings. FIXED.
3) The group reports were crashing. FIXED.
4) The money book was crashing on mobile devices. FIXED.
5) Another bug in the user achievements API was fixed, for those of you who are in the TroopTrack developer program.
Mobile bug fixes and more
We just released a bunch of bug fixes:
- Merit badge book on mobile devices was crashing
- Rank book on mobile devices was crashing
- Badge book for BSA Packs was crashing in certain cases
- We were calculating the PayPal transaction fees when they are paid by the user incorrectly
- When people are transferred from one troop to another we do a better job cleaning up data that shouldn't transfer with them.
All fixed. Have a great night!
Bug fixes - bulk money transactions and PM leader book
We just released two bug fixes:
1) Trail Life USA Point Man leader book was crashing. This is fixed.
2) Bulk money transactions were failing. Also fixed.
Only product updates after September 2014 appear here.