Things have been really busy here - we've released a lot of improvements but have forgotten to shout about them. In no particular order, here they are:
1. Record attendance now lists all past events by default and you can define your own date range for events to show.
2. Certain user profiles were crashing. This is fixed.
3. In some cases empty patrols were disappearing. This is fixed.
4. We made multiple improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of displaying members by patrols in various places.
5. TurboNET roster import now imports adventure loops and pins.
6. We improved our automated integration test suite that runs every time we change the code so that it has broader coverage of TroopTrack features.
7. In some cases the app would crash when you edited vehicles. This is fixed.
8. We made numerous improvements to public events, an alpha-only feature that isn't yet available to everyone. The general idea here is that you can sell tickets to an event directly to the general public, not just members of your troop.
9. The troop documents page was crashing for certain users. This is fixed.
10. For AHG troops, the achievements tab on the user profile now defaults to the current level of the girl.
11. We now remove blank categories from the troop document category list.
12. Users can now edit and delete vehicles they own, regardless of privileges.
13. Our staff now have the ability to quickly un-merge user accounts as needed.
14. We've improved the integration between TroopTrack and Community in multiple ways.
15. Double-clicking on certain menu items was causing errors. This is fixed.
16. We fixed the calendar ICS feed to use troop timezones.
17. If a user had an assignment on a check list or sign up sheet and the user was deleted, the sign up sheet/check list would crash. This is fixed.
18. We updated our contact page to reflect recent staffing changes we have made.
19. If you click on a link to a private web page and you aren't logged in, it will redirect you to that page after you log in if you are a member of the troop. Otherwise it will redirect you to the public web site.
20. A troop can now choose whether PayPal/Stripe transaction fees are paid by the troop or the member making payment. This is under Manage -> Settings -> Payment Settings.
21. If a user only has one type of achievement on their profile, we no longer show achievements as a tabbed view.
22. Previously a user could add guests to an RSVP without indicating whether they would be attending or not. This is no longer allowed.
23. Previously a user could add a negative number of guests when they RSVPd. No more.
24. Some events were not showing up on newsletters. This is fixed.
25. Event agendas were running off the page when printed. Fixed!
26. The year-at-a-glance view was hard to read, so we made the table striped.
27. You can now choose to see empty households on Manage -> Members -> Households.
28. Event messages could not be sent for events that don't require you to RSVP. This is fixed.
29. LDS troops were unable to add Varsity and Venturing awards. This is fixed.
30. We've improved the instructions for printing award cards on our perforated card stock.
31. We've added the product updates listing back on the main site as well as community.
32. Meeting schedules now have a rich text editor for the description field.
33. Upgrading or downgrading completed BSA ranks now preserves the completed on date of the award.
Phew. I'm spent. Have a great weekend.
Want to discuss this update with other users or give us feedback? Read this update in TroopTrack Community:
Good morning everyone.
We just released a bunch of fixes thanks to @Spencer, who is working full-time at TroopTrack over his summer break and is totally crushing it! I'm thinking of calling it the "Summer of Bugs", ie. the summer of killing lots of bugs!
Okay, here's the list:
1) Patrols/Dens/Units/Troops now sort the same all over the place, including:
2) Mailing lists are now sorted alphabetically when you are creating a new message
3) The Record Attendance page now includes all past events and you can define a date range for it.
4) There was a bug allowing people without the proper privileges to delete achievements. This is fixed.
5) There was a bug allowing people without the proper privileges to add training. This is fixed.
6) We now use https for this community site, so all traffic is now encrypted. Yay!
Also, some time ago I talked about supporting selling tickets to an event for the general public. We are currently testing that out with our summer codecamp. You can check it out here: http://codecamp.trooptrack.com. Just don't register. Unless you want to send your kid to Weatherford for a week this summer!
Typically you only want to downgrade or upgrade a BSA rank if they haven't been started, but we've run into circumstances where you have needed to up/down grade a rank that has some progress. The main page still defaults to showing only the unstarted ranks, but there is now a link on the page for showing all ranks.
Be careful - you will lose all progress when you upgrade or downgrade and we can't bring it back!!! You have been warned!
This morning we released four changes:
1) After you record attendance at an event you can record progress on an award for everyone who attended. Just click on Attendance -> Record Progress from the event details page and it will start the record progress workflow. Note: Since TrailLife troops have a custom version of record progress, this feature is not available yet for them.
2) Some users were having troubling using an external web site for their public web site depending on whether "http://" was included when they edited the setting. We have added some code to fix broken web sites and to require troops that use this setting to include the https from now on.
3) Some users don't have households, and as a result were not able to RSVP for events. This has been fixed.
4) We have added support for sending text messages to GCI customers.
Have a great week!
Thanks to Ryan and Spencer's relentless efforts, we released quite a few bug fixes this evening. I was on a plane back to DFW from Cincinnati and thanks to in flight wi-fi I was able to review and release the fixes from my airplane seat. I love tech. (Dave sighs contentedly). Okay, here they are:
Have a great weekend!
This morning we released a small truckload of updates. Here they are:
1) When you print the agenda view of your calendar, you can now choose between landscape and portrait orientation.
2) We released an internal tool that will allow Melissa to fix the AHG badges that don't calculate percent complete properly. You should start seeing fixes for those badges appear over the next few days.
3) There was a bug in our payment setup that wouldn't let you turn off accepting credit cards once you set up PayPal. This is fixed.
4) The participation page is now searchable by date range
5) The training book now includes filters for expired vs. active training
6) The agenda view of your calendar now paginates properly. Previously you could not go to any pages other than the first page.
7) The category now saves correctly when you do a bulk transaction (money) that is not a transfer.
8) Table header rows no longer overlap the table content when printed.
I am going to post another announcement about our new user forum,http://community.trooptrack.com, later this morning, so stay tuned.
Later this week we are going to officially launch http://community.trooptrack.com, our new forum for TroopTrack users. It is already available for you to check out and is integrated with TroopTrack so you can access it with your TroopTrack account.
Once it is launched officially, Community will replace several TroopTrack features including:
- User Guide
- Product Updates
- portions of the Help Desk
Community will become the official mechanism for suggesting new features and reporting bugs - we will no longer use the help desk for that. Help desk tickets will be reserved for specific problems that require sharing personally identifiable information or are otherwise not solvable via Community.
Additionally, the way you submit help desk tickets will change. Prior to submitting a help desk ticket you will be prompted to search Community for help with your problem.
We hope these changes will help you get answers more quickly and allow us to focus our customer service efforts where they are needed most.
Please share this announcement with your leaders so they will not be surprised when we launch these changes in the next week or so.
This morning we released a number of changes fixing bugs and making minor improvements. Here they are:
1) Money transactions were crashing in certain cases where the user had been deleted.
2) Account setup instruction emails were crashing in some cases. This is fixed.
3) The OA report (BSA) has been improved to include CSV export and more information about each member.
4) The equipment check-in button was misbehaving if you clicked it rapidly (i.e. double clicked).
5) Patrols listed in the badge book are now listed in alphabetical order
6) The rank progress report (BSA) was not dealing with the new & old rank requirements properly.
7) Recording attendance wasn't working properly when you used filters to hide some groups and then used the "check all" checkbox.
Thanks to Spencer for all these bug fixes!
Have a great weekend!
This morning we released a number of minor changes:
1) The dashboard was displaying service hours in the camping nights field. This typo has been fixed.
2) We briefly broke user profiles for Boy Scout troops. If you encountered a problem late last night or early this morning, it's been fixed.
3) The custom leadership report now shows columns in a more logical order and the column "Name" is now displayed as "Position" to avoid confusion with the leader's name.
4) The vehicle listing now includes license plates.
5) AHG service stars were not appearing on the Unit listing after they were added with the new service stars feature. This has been fixed.
6) Links in event descriptions were no longer clickable for a brief period. Fixed!
7) The "all categories" link on troop documents was not working.
8) We have removed the ability to delete sub-awards (i.e. cub scout electives that are grouped with a rank) since removing them breaks the structure of the rank record.
You're probably wondering where I'm at with the event payment improvements. The truth is, I'm a bit stuck mentally and need a brain wave. Hopefully I will get unstuck quickly and be able to give a more cheery update soon.
Have a great day!
This morning we are releasing a number of minor changes.
1) The API for event details now includes a section for information about family members. This is in preparation for an update to the iOS app to allow RSVP'ing for family members, but it could also be used by anyone in the developer program as well.
2) Service hours are now displayed as "X hrs Y min' on manage service stars page (AHG only) instead of using a decimal format.
3) Troop documents are now arranged like one of our interactive "books" with a filter for categories. No more scrolling through all categories! This feature isn't quite ready for Trail Life Troops yet (sorry!).
4) The "show other events" setting on newsletters was confusing, so we've clarified that it means "Include events the recipients are not invited to".
5) One of our users discovered that Meeting Schedules crash if you have more than 260 monthly events, so we've limited it to 250, which should be enough for even the most ambitiously planned calendar!
6) Sending achievement reports by email was failing if the no users with emails were selected. We've fixed this problem and added some feedback to let you know if a problem occurred.
Have a great day!
Making progress on the event payment improvements I mentioned previously. Here is a screenshot of where I am currently at. You can see that money accounts with insufficient funds are not usable for payment and that I can add money to those accounts or use a credit card instead. You can also see the link to the shopping basket.
I've also included a screenshot of the event details page so you can see changes there too.
Yesterday we released a few small changes, all thanks to Spencer's hard work:
1) Meeting schedules can now set the RSVP required option
2) All day events are displayed using the correct color for their event type
3) Youth with household access or above can RSVP for family members
Have a great day!
This week I am working on event payments. Here are some of the changes I am trying to get done:
- Redesigning the workflow so that you can pay for multiple RSVPs at once by putting RSVPs in a shopping cart until you are ready to pay
- Allowing users to choose between paying with a money account or a credit card (Stripe) or PayPal
- Allowing a troop to accept payment via Stripe and PayPal rather than just one of the two
- Allowing troops to specify that users are responsible for Stripe/PayPal transaction fees
- Allowing troops to specify that they are responsible for TroopTrack transaction fees
- Allowing troops to accept manual payments (checks, cash, etc) for items in a shopping cart
- Preventing users from paying for a shopping cart with a money account that doesn't have adequate funds
I hope I can get this done and live soon - I will keep you posted.
Just a couple of changes this morning:
1) We updated our page about the ScoutBook acquisition to be less snarky and more current. One of the issues with being committed to openness about our product is that customers are occasionally exposed to how we feel when tough challenges occur. I think that's okay, but we need to update stuff as we get distance and perspective from those events.
2) We've added support for BSA Service Stars for Troops.
3) AHG Service Stars now appear properly in the Advancement Overview.
4) We are more consistent in how user names are displayed throughout the application.
Have a wonderful day!