We forgot to mention some updates that were released over the Christmas Break!
We hope your 2018 is off to a great start! :)Permalink
We've made a fix to the Communications Problems page!
Communication Problems to see who has been placed on our Spam, Unsubscribe, or Bounce lists. You can also remove them from those lists.
If someone suddenly stops receiving emails from TroopTrack, check this page. They may have accidentally marked us as spam. You can then click the "Remove Spam Report" button, and they will begin receiving emails again.
The missing service hours have been restored! Yay! We're sorry this ever happened in the first place!
We were able to restore any hours entered before Saturday (11/18) and Sunday (11/19, the day the bug occurred). If service hours were entered on Sunday before the bug occurred, they will need to be re-added. If service hours were added on Saturday, they might need to be re-added. With the exception of those two days, everything else is back up.
Here are some other updates:
We posted on Facebook and on the Community, but in case you haven't heard, we are working on the missing service hours issue. All service hours not linked to an event on the calendar have been lost. We're working to restore all the service hours from a backup.
You can continue to enter new service hours safely. However, don't re-enter any of the lost hours, or they'll end up duplicated when we restore them.Permalink
Time for another update!
We fixed the issues with sending invites and reminders, and now you can edit when they get sent out even after creating the event! Also, this let us implement a commonly requested feature: you can now re-send invites anytime you want by setting "Send Invites When" to today.Permalink
Time for another update!
We’ve released more updates! These were actually put into production yesterday.
We’ve left out some recent updates! Here’s the whole list:
1) Make money deposits more consistent
2) Created a page for requesting user transfers from one troop to another (Support > Request Member Transfer)
3) Make it easier to select trainings by adding a search field to the form
4) When recording award progress for event attendees, show the attendees at the top of the list of people
5) Include retired merit badges in the Eagle Report
6) Improve the process of creating TurboNET Advancement Report pdf’s
7) Make it so editing a user’s patrol updates the user’s level, if applicable
8) Users can merge user accounts from the mobile site
9) Fix a bug where some users couldn’t record attendance
10) Fix a bug where some patrols couldn’t be edited
11) Fix a bug where some users couldn’t view their photo albums
12) Fix a bug where users couldn’t upload photos
13) Fix typo: “Monthy” => “Monthly”Permalink
Happy Friday Everyone!
This morning we released a number of improvements:
1) We added "Credo Mobile" to our list of carriers for sending text messages
2) For BSA troops, we added the Whittling Chip and 50 Miler Award to the list of awards you can sync via TurboNET
3) We added an explanation about troop document access levels to make them less confusing.
4) Announcements on the dashboard are no formatted nicely to match the way they look in the editor.
Have a great weekend!Permalink
Good morning. We just released a few improvements:
1) The dashboard now focuses on current level award and recent awards
2) Spencer added a new training importer
3) Users of the beta inbox can reply directly to emails
4) Incomplete training trackers no longer show expiration dates
5) Troops using the beta inbox feature can now send emails directly to their mailboxes using email clients like Outlook, Gmail, etc.
Over the last couple of days we've released a number of bug fixes:
1) The bulk privileges screen now improves users who are not assigned to a patrol
2) In certain cases event schedules weren't appearing on calendars. This is fixed.
3) Some troop documents were not visible to some users. This is fixed.
4) The achievements filter was behaving inconsistently. This is fixed.
5) Award types in the achievements filter are now sorted by name.
We have also officially began working on the next version of the TroopTrack UI. This project has the code name "Samwise" and we will be posting screenshots, videos, etc. on community.trooptrack.com. The main changes you will see are:
1) Modernization of the TroopTrack user interface. It will have a more modern look and feel.
2) It will be super fast. For the techies out there, we will be moving from a server-side HTML architecture powered by Ruby on Rails to a client-side UI built in React with Typescript backed by an API powered by Ruby on Rails.
3) We are replacing the thick menu header with a "drawer" on the side. This will give you more vertical space and looks really nice.
4) Support for some offline capabilities. No internet? So what! Certain read-only pages will keep working anyway.
We're very excited about this and will keep you posted.
Just a few updates:
1. Troop Documents with a blank access level now show up correctly.
2. Girl Scouts can now choose between Service Unit and Troop terminology.
3. All 2016+ cub scout achievements should show up on the TurboNET page now.
4. We made some enhancements to our general importers to improve their functionality.Permalink